Wednesday, October 9, 2013

On being original


I read an article today about originality and blogging today. It brought up the fact that many blogs are just different iterations of the same thing, idea, or trends, whether it be fashion or cooking  or lifestyle blogs. Original content has been on my mind lately. Is my blog original enough? Should I even have one? I'm fairly new to this (blog dropped just a little over a week ago, what?!) but that shouldn't be an excuse.

Before I even started the blog I would literally laugh out loud while reading posts on other blogs and dream of all the witty things that I would write about. I also figured that since half of blogging is just being yourself and becoming a "personality" that this is what I would do. So what if my posts are really random and jump from topic to topic? That is apparently a big no no if you read blog how-tos. I thought to myself, I could be the next big thing. I could be the next Olivia Palermo, the next Mindy Kaling, the next Christine Lemieux.

Well, on second thought, maybe not though. I'm not devastatingly chic enough to be Olivia, self aware of my own weirdness to be Mindy, and don't travel enough to be Christine. Where does that leave me?

I'm pretty sure that just leaves me with just being myself. So that is what I'm going to do. I have truly really loved or coveted (in most cases) all of the things I have posted about so far. However, be warned, the posts are going to be pretty random and while I will fight my urge to post a constant stream of cat photos and delicious (and maybe fattening) food, both of those things will inevitably appear from time to time.

And just to be a little bit of a rebel I am going to post some pictures of things I thought were interesting today, because apparently there is a little bit of a snobbish attitude toward bloggers who just post pics. 












No comments:

Post a Comment