Monday, December 16, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Day 3

We have covered days one and two and now it's time to look at day 3 on my 12 Days of Christmas countdown!

"On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, three French hens. "


As someone who used to do poultry judging when I was younger, let me just say that I think buying someone who is not a farmer or looking into getting into farming a chicken would be a terrible idea. Chickens are not bad but as a pet they stink. They don't like being touched and don't mind to scratch you when you are trying to count the feathers on their wings at all (happened to me).

While buying three French hens might not be a great gift, three gifts that incorporate their lovely feathers into something wearable and lovely would be amazing. Before you get all high and mighty and point out that many of the feathered things in fashion are chicken feathers (ostrich, peacock, etc.) I have to point out that many of things you think are feathers from another fowl, are actually chicken feathers. Just google silky chickens or the ones that have curly feathers.

"On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, stylish feather access-or-iesss!"

Check out 3 lovely ways to wear 3 French hens!

1. On your head

Fascinators are beautiful and if they are good enough for Duchess Kate they are good enough for everyone. 'nough said.
So chic.
Flawless.
Everything good you can say.
 

River Island
Anthropologie
2. On your shoulders
 




Topshop Crop Feather Blazer




Ted Baker Wyan Feather Cropped Shrug


3. On a clutch
Miss Selridge


Deborah Barnet


Coach


Valentino

No comments:

Post a Comment