Monday, September 30, 2013

My ode to the Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2013 collection


I know what some of you are thinking. The D&G F/W collection premiered forever ago and has since then been seen on everywhere from the Met ball to the cover of several magazines.

However, I didn't have a blog at the time that the collection came out so excuse me while I express my love for this collection. 
John Mulaney understands how it goes. iSometimes you just have to talk about your passions when you have an audience...regardless of whether or not its relevant. 

With that being said, its time to look at the collection. 


I love the Byzantine mosaic feel of the whole collection but this piece especially 







sleek and chic

who says tweed diapers aren't fabulous?



Obviously I need this coat



and this one too





evoking pure power and luxury in the final walk

So what can we take away from this collection?
- Lux materials are a must
- Byzantine Saints had some serious style
- Mosaics aren't just for walls
- Red lips are a must
- Pants are not necessary
- Crowns are cool 

From the minute I saw the collection I knew that needed it in my life. So I did my best to recreate the looks and fervently prayed that the look would trickle down to a look I might be able to afford. 

Every spring my school has a large rave/art exhibition/ avant garde costume party called Beaux Arts Ball. http://www.beaux-arts-ball.org/ (if you want to take a look. It's amazing every year. If you live close enough go!) Since Dolce and Gabbana isn't really in my everyday budget and crazy handmade costumes are a standard I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to try and recreate the look. 

Sorry in advance for the poor quality of the photos





See no pants? No problem!

I wasn't content with just a party look, especially one with out pants (that might be difficult to pull off when not in a rave setting) so I ordered this dress from feel.luxury.com


The design is just a print of the original design so that the fabric is completely flat rather than textured and jewel encrusted like the original. That being said, I still love it! It is surprisingly wearable given the crazy print and always gets a lot of complements.  



No comments:

Post a Comment